IoT Week has been organized by the IoT European Research Cluster (IERC); this Conference has become the pre-eminent event attracting industry and academia around the world.
More Information about the IoT Week Conference can be found in the next paragraph as well as in http://iot-week.eu/events/iot-week-belgrade/.
Building on the successes of London, Helsinki, Venice and Barcelona, the IoT Week “continued the journey” bringing focus to the emerging opportunities; connecting the global business and research communities innovating at the boundaries of IoT; promoting international collaboration and addressing societal and market issues.
Figure 1: IoT Week in Belgrade, Serbia (May 31, 2016 – June 02, 2016).
Prof. Anna Stahlbrost (LTU) was among the key-note speakers of the event.
In addition, Mr. Luca Bolognini (IIP), Dr. Srdjan Krço (DNET), Mr. Sébastien Ziegler (MI) and Prof. Sotiris Nikoletseas (CTI) were among the event’s speakers.
Figure 2: Privacy Flag experts as speakers in IoT Week in Belgrade, Serbia.
Moreover, a Session has been organized as depicted in the subsequent figure, entitled as “Privacy Protection on IoT World: Challenges and Potential Approaches”, that has been chaired by Mr. Luca Bolognini (IIP).
Both Mr. Luca Bolognini and Mr. Sébastien Ziegler (MI) have represented the PF project and have discussed related findings and/or opportunities.
Figure 3: Privacy Flag experts in IoT Week 2016, in a privacy-dedicated Session.
PRIVACY FLAG is at the moment one of the six EU projects on privacy innovation. The others are listed below:
• VisiOn – Visual Privacy Management in User Centric Open Environments
• Operando – Online privacy enforcement, rights assurance & optimization
• Panoramix – Privacy and Accountability in Networks via Optimized Randomized Mix-nets
• Types – Towards transparencY and Privacy in the onlinE advertising business
• SafeCloud – Secure and Resilient Cloud Architecture, www.safecloud-project.eu
PRIVACY FLAG also shares common interests with EU Projects in areas such as Internet of Things (IoT) and Smart Cities. These are:
• Organicity EU project – Co-creating smart cities of the future
• U4IoT – User Engagement for Large Scale Pilots in the Internet of Things. (Project started in 01/01/2017)
• ANASTACIA – Advanced Networked Agents for Security and Trust Assessment in CPS/IOT Architectures (Project started in 01/01/2017)
• CREATE-IoT – Cross Fertilisation Through Alignment, Synchronisation and Exchanges For IoT (Project started in 01/01/2017)
• WeLive – A neW concept of public administration based on citizen co-created mobile urban services
PRIVACY FLAG goal is to amplify the European privacy innovation community and promote the community’s position in an international context.